Retailers are busy prepping for the holiday season, and it's time to start thinking about whether your business should be utilizing mobile marketing software this year. Here are some tips for getting started:
- Discrete: Don't bombard consumers with messages. Instead, pick your moments carefully so that they appreciate it when you do reach out. Communication should be an engaging, two-way street.
- Explain: Communicate in detail what customers can expect to hear about when they sign up for text alerts. Make them aware of the exclusive nature of these texts, and the fact that you will respect their privacy.
- Recruit: One of the great things about SMS marketing is that it's an opt-in service. This means that customers have to sign up to receive text promotions, so you're automatically catering to a group of individuals who are open to hearing what you have to say. The downside to this is that you have to recruit people to put on your list. Do this through your other promotional avenues, like in your brick-and-mortar stores and on you company's website.
- Simple: Make your offers, coupons and information simple and easy-to-redeem. Give subscribers special deals that other consumers don't have access to. Sending valuable information via such a personal method of communication can do wonders in solidifying customer loyalty.
- Website: Polish your company's mobile website, because customers who receive text messages are likely to search your business on their phones. People get frustrated quickly with sites that are not compatible with mobile devices, so don't waste the opportunity for conversion by neglecting your mobile platform.
Give your customers the ability to communicate with your business by employing SMS texts. If you offer valuable deals and one-time offers, individuals will be more than happy to receive messages from you.