Fitness centers and gyms often see signups spike at the beginning of the year only to watch them slowly drop off as the year goes on. But that doesn't have to be the case. With a strong SMS marketing campaign, gyms can retain these customers throughout the year.
Here are some tips to keep customers engaged with text message marketing:
- Workout plans. People who follow the same workout routine month after month will see their gains begin to drop off. By sending out personalized workout plans, including a schedule and program, you can keep their body guessing and help them meet and exceed their personal goals. This will, in turn, motivate them to return to the gym and push themselves even further.
- Diets. What you put into your body is as important as your work out. Sending dietary reminders will help keep members fit and increase their loyalty to your gym.
- Alerts. Busy gyms can make some people anxious. Offering to text customers during downtimes will make them grateful that they can work out in peace at their own speed and not have to worry about someone waiting to use the equipment.
- Class schedules. Class offerings can be a huge drive to membership signups. Use text messaging to inform customers of scheduling changes or cancelations.
- Cross promotion. Use your client base to help build your business by partnering with other companies. This will provide a service to your clients by offering them a discount while providing you with compensation from the other company for the ability to advertise to your customer base.
For gyms and fitness centers looking to implement a text marketing strategy, Swift SMS Gateway offers the tools you need.