Mobile text marketing is a great way to promote your company or product. If you're thinking about starting an SMS campaign, but aren't sure if you have the time or experience, don't worry! It's not as difficult as you think. In this article, we highlight some of the areas you should focus on when putting together your SMS strategy.
1. Create a Plan and Talk With Your Team
Before you call a third-party SMS company, create a strategy. This plan should outline how you'll use the SMS messages and what you hope to attain. You might, for example, send messages to opted-in customers to promote a product or service. Your goal, in turn, could be to increase customer count by 20 percent by year's end. Always include numbers in the report, which might indicate how other companies have fared using similar strategies, expenses and projected income.
Finally, make sure the entire team is on board. While you, the manager, might be establishing the initial, overall strategy, an SMS messaging campaign is a team effort.
2. Understand the Intricacies of SMS Campaigns
When putting together your strategy, you need to know what makes message superior to others. A couple of helpful tips include:
- Create concise messages: People don't have a lot of time to read, nor do they want to take the time to read. Let's get to the point!
- Have a goal: Each message should have a clear objective. Don't leave readers confused.
- Be timely: Don't send messages late at night or too early in the morning. First, you want your customers to read the message. Second, you don't want to turn them off, which could result in an opt-out of the campaign.
If you're not sure how else SMS messages can benefit your company, talk to a third-party specialist. This professional can set your company up with a strategy that will benefit your company's specific needs.